Monday 8 November 2010

Normal service

Joseph turned 18 months today. Its been 6 months since we celebrated his birthday. Its amazing how much has happened in just those six months.

At 12 months Joseph had been sitting for 2 weeks. He could only roll, he couldn't crawl, not even commando. He could manage to eat a rice cake, but not much else finger food wise. He couldn't utter any words at all, but did a fine attempt at babbling!

Now at 18 months Joseph is doing so much more. He can crawl confidently anywhere. He can pull to stand, he can cruise the furniture, and can get from one side of the room to the other surfing different pieces of furniture. He can eat just about anything with his hands, and sometimes, can even mange a spoon!

He can voice his opinions at times, he can tell me when he doesn't want to do something. He can tell me what he wants to wear, and what he wants me to buy. He can say "hello" and "mama". He can come up to me for a cuddle whenever he wants, and its on his terms.

He is such a special clever little boy, and he's amazing.

I am so much better today, thank you all for your messages of support. I think it really helped me just to get my feelings "out there" and to seek support from others. I spend so much time "just getting on with it" and I forget that its ok to say "help" from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better today. Sometimes we have to take a step back and be very very grateful for what we do have, don't we.

    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete