Wednesday 12 January 2011

Holiday!

Today's blog dare is the holiday I am looking forward to most this year. The Blog Dare originated in America and I think they may be talking Holiday as in Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas rather than vacation, but as we are in England lets talk holidays!

I am very lucky this year, I am having two good ones. The first I am really excited about is 6 weeks in Australia. I am travelling with my 21 months old son, which is going to be somewhat of a challenge. We are spending a week with one of my best friends, Allison and her family for a few days, then on to Tasmania, where I was born and lived until I was 30.

It's a poignant trip for us, we did it last year and I thought it would be my last trip for a while, but two big things happened last year. I was made redundant (not sad particuarly) and my mum, rather shockingly, was diagnosed with cancer. I wanted to be there straight away, but when we sat down rationally and considered it, we decided that it would be better if we came when chemotherapy was finished, and mum could relax and enjoy us a bit more.

Also exciting is that my sister has had a baby recently so we get to meet my new nephew, and see my darling nieces again.

The sad thing is, my husband will be fending for himself for six weeks. I will really miss him, and its going to be hard for Joseph not seeing his dad for so long, but needs must.

In September we are having a family trip to Rhodes, a proper, all inclusive week's holiday, and I am really looking forward to that. Once we come back from Australia I am joining the gym, and hope to be a couple of dress sizes smaller by then. I really just need something to focus on and I hope that will be it!

And then, finally, in December we're going to Germany for Christmas with Corey's parents, who live in the North. It is truly lovely where they live, and I can't wait to experience an English Christmas in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment