Sunday 28 August 2011

10 things you didn't know about me

I have been tagged by Mummy Pink Wellies in this fantabulous meme. Note the sarcasm. I couldn't find a Silent Sunday this week, so I am doing this instead. Oh the joy.

I dunno, I think I'm pretty much an open book, so I am not sure there is much that you don't already know about me and I have to find 10 things.

10 things you might not know about me

1. I loved debating at school and whilst our team never won, I often used to win debater of the week. I just love a good argument.

2. I played violin in the Tasmanian Youth Orchestra String Group, which I loved. I have great memories of music camp and concerts. I was slightly disappointed as I wanted to be a country and western style fiddler rather than classical, but my music teacher wasn't keen!

3. I got engaged at 20 and married 3 months later at 21. And then was divorced by 30.

4. I used to be a disability support worker and once got a wheelchair stuck up the Tamarhorn with someone in it!

5. Until the age of 38 I had never owned a house and always rented, and loved renting. I don't really "get" home ownership!

6. My nana lived with us when I was a teenager and she was my best friend. I still miss her and think about her every day, and she died a long time ago when I was in my second year of university.

7. I studied a Bachelor of Business at university, and all my lecturers used to think I was a lost fine arts student, and tried to redirect me. I should have listened. I think it was the tie die pants that did it.

8. I got a distinction for my thesis but never passed my degree. Business statistics was my nemesis. I just could not pass it.

9. I did a months' mission work in Fiji when I was 20 and it rocked my faith to its core, and made me question everything. It's where I learned that people with disabilities are at particular risk in countries such as this, and I still think about some of the disabled children that I met, who would now be adults.

10. I absolutely love cricket. I have been to test matches here and in Australia, and it's one of the main things that my husband and I had in common when we first started courting.

I'm afraid I am not mean enough to tag anyone, but if your reading this, and feel inspired to do this yourself, consider yourself tagged!


4 comments:

  1. Bugger, I knew all that. Was hoping for some deep dark truths.
    One of the exercises I do with writing students is "6 things I never told you" directed at a sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed reading all of these, although as many have mentioned it is pretty hard to come up with anything close to the list posted by the chronicles of a reluctant housedad! I might just take part if I manage to get some time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope I wouldn't even try, some people are just naturally more interesting than others :D I think I'm an open book anyhoo! Too much sharing on social media!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gulp! I don't think I could even do that. I think you know everything I've thought/done!

    ReplyDelete