Monday 8 August 2011

7th August 2009 - My More on Monday

I posted that picture yesterday because it was the first ever taken of Joseph. It was my mother in law's camera and the photo was taken by my husband, because I couldn't leave my hospital ward.

It was the first time I'd ever seen him, that photograph. My husband took it, gave the camera to his mum, she rushed to Boots and had it developed and brought it back to me.

When I first saw it I just thought "good lord what have I done to that poor child", and was filled with guilt and remorse.

Then I looked again. His skin looked good, he looked peaceful, and I just fell in love.

His due date was 7th August 2010.

Joseph is now properly 2!

And he doesn't look like that anymore!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing how far he and you have come. Beautiful boy!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the first photograph. I was given a photo by the dr the day Blaine was born. I couldn't bare to look at it. I knew it was a photo handed to me saying 'this is your baby. He's going to die'. But he didn't. He's a star like Joseph is. And I now too have many treasured photos just like the one above. Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is a bit of a stunner really x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is gorgeous. Happy 'other' Birthday wee man!

    ReplyDelete