Sunday, 3 February 2013

An Update

I thought I would do a little update post for you all. I am sure many of my followers catch me other ways but in case you don't here is an update.



First of all, I have a new blog! I only post when I feel like it. I have joined one blogging network as they asked me to, but am planning a low key, non mummy blog with social issues, craft projects and funny stories. I'd love you to come and look and subscribe my email if you wish. It's called Kykaree

Secondly my new job with Bliss Charity is going well, and I am currently working on an audit of neonatal service provision and need in our area. Bliss Manchester is on Twitter and also on Facebook, and I'd love you all to keep in touch with developments as we roll out the three volunteer opportunities through out the region.

If you are keen to volunteer with Bliss there are some amazing opportunities to really make a difference to special care babies. Remember that we are talking about any baby who has needed special care at birth not just premature babies. As you can see on the website, whilst our focus in our region in on Bliss Champions, Bliss Family Support Groups and Bliss Buddies, there are other roles too.

Thirdly, we've had some teething problems with childcare and are currently looking at options for Joseph. Thanks to his amazing team at Play Away Joseph is being well looked after and we're currently seeking a childminder or nursery placement in the afternoons. It has been a rollercoaster for two weeks to be honest. My post on Kykaree eludes to the drama but will make you laugh too.

The fourth thing I wanted to tell you about is my amazing friend Daniel who wrote those amazing posts on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and his experiences. As you will know this Government is making the most mind boggling series of cuts, and the latest suggestion is prepay benefit cards. Please read and comment on this most moving of posts by Daniel. Also on Kykaree we wrote a post together about our meet up. Despite looking like a couple I am most definitely still happily married and Daniel is still a bachelor!

Joseph is doing great with adjusting to life with a proper working mummy. He is enjoying nursery, and has recently been signed off from orthoptics for his eyes, so we're just about all clear.

I am so proud of my little man, and I am proud that his birth has led me to working to provide a clear network of support in our region for parents who have had a baby in special care.

Thank you to you all for your love and support too. I wanted to mention the MADs the fabulous blogging awards. This year there is no Inspirational category, sadly, a few categories had to be streamlined, understandably. I know I have such a strong and loyal following, but I am asking that you don't nominate me this year for Not Even A Bag of Sugar. I feel there are some amazing premature blogs out there, just look in my reading list at the top of the page, and go and show them love and care.

If you do want to nominate Kykaree feel free, but it is so new, and  with so little posts I don't think its worthy yet.

Thank you again for all your support of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment