Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Britmums Live

I am delighted to be going to Britmums Live this year and am very excited to be both co presenting a workshop on Blogging from the Heart and also reading "Jimmy Savile is Dead".



Here is a bit about me:

Name: Kylie Hodges
Twitter ID@kykaree
Height:162 cm (5 foot 3 ish in old money)
Hair: Shoulder length mousey brown
Eyes:Brown with a hazel tinge
Is this your first blogging conference? 
No would you beleive its my 5th!
Are you attending both days?
Yes Friday is my chill out and meet people and see the sponsors day, Saturday is my speaking day.
What are you most looking forward to at BritMums Live 2013?
Sharing my experiences, reading my keynote speech and have the biggest cuddle with Jennie I can muster.
What are you wearing?
Not a clue see my tips at the end of this!
What do you hope to gain from BritMums Live 2013?
For me Britmums isn't about blogging, its just about community. I feel happy with what I've achieved in blogging and its had to take a back seat to life this year. Perhaps I will have renewed vigour after Britmums, or perhaps it will be the end of my blogging journey, I don't know.
Tell us one thing about you that not everyone knows
I had never been to England before I decided to move here. I arrived with a suitcase and fell in love with the place straight away and have never looked back.
My tips for Britmums Live
  • Dress for comfort. It's a long day, particularly on the Saturday. Don't worry too much about fashion, there will always be someone more dressed up than you and less dressed up.
  • Leave your laptop at home. I took a laptop to Cybermummy and never used it. By all means take a tablet (I don't have one) or your fancy phone, but honestly you will be so busy you may not use it.
  • Don't underestimate the pen and paper, I take copious notes and still find this the easiest.
  • Smile, relax and enjoy. Everyone is feeling nervous and a little apprehensive.
  • Make friends. I feel really shy in crowds so if I seem aloof I'm not being rude, just being me, and snap me out of it.
  • Don't feel you have to attend everything. Playing hooky from a session and visiting the sponsors whilst everyone else is in session is a great way to get around and discover who is there and what they have to offer.   

1 comment:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our signals today and profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete