Wednesday, 28 October 2015

#carveaheart for World Vision

Halloween is a time that is really important to me. In Australia the 31st October would come and go. Since having Joseph it's a special time of year. We spent last year in Australia, there was no trick or treating, no costumes and no celebrations for Halloween. All the focus was on my father and celebrating our visit, which I was sure would be the last time seeing him.

This year it's different. We are having a Day of the Dead party. There are costumes and a new dress for mummy, lovely food, and plenty of decorating. But this year is extra special, because we have a new member of our family.

This beautiful little lady is Shwe Yi. She is 5 years old and lives in Myanmar. She currently attends kindergarten and gets ready for school next year. I have sponsored her and I am really excited to be her sponsor.

I sponsor her through World Vision who every year have a #carveaheart campaign. Joseph and I will be working on our pumpkin hearts and will share them with you on Saturday.

#CarveAHeart is so simple and here are 3 simple ways to get involved.

1. Instead of a scary face, carve a heart into your pumpkin and light it up, to remind us of all the children for whom every night is one of fear and uncertainty.

2. Text HEART to 70060 to donate £5 to World Vision.

3. Join the Thunderclap to tweet and/or Facebook your support for the #carveaheart campaign.



I hope you all have a peaceful and blessed Halloween, and can help to shine a little light on the lives of children everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment